Saturday, September 22, 2012

Halloween Coffin

Hello everyone and welcome to creepy Saturday... hehe... well, I have a Halloween project to share with you today... a tutorial how to create this little coffin you can see below. The newest images just released are just perfect for it.

 

Here we go... first a list what you need for this project:

  • stamp (I used Maya as Frankenstein's Wife)
  •  colouring medium (I used Distress Inks)
  • Aquarell paper (I used Montval aquarell paper)
  • craft cardstock
  •  acryl paint
  •  sponge
  •  embellishment and dies as you wish

Below you have the template to print and cut out with the measures. Of course you also can make it any bigger or smaller.


I recommend to use some craft carstock of at least 300 gram to give the coffin a good stability. Cut out the whole lines and score the spotted lines. Don't forget to cut the lines where the lashes have to go in for closing the coffin.


Afterwards I gave the cuffin a used look with dab some dark brown acrylic paint onto the cardstock. I distressed the edges with a brilliance pearlescent ink pad. Afterdrying I glued the coffin together.


And now the coffin is ready to decorate as you wish.


 A close up of the image...


I put a spiderweb over some flowers.


Here you can see how it looks like from the side... of course to add a spider is a must :o). You can get them in the gorgeous Halloween charm box.


And here you can see how I made the inside... I decided to create a deluxe model with red snake leather inside... he he he :o))


Well, I hope I was able to give you some inspiration to create the perfect Halloween decoration. If you have made a coffin by yourself please leave a message here. I would love to visit you and see what you made. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Have a wonderful day now!
Hugs, Karina

10 comments :

  1. This is fabulous! Cute! I love how you did the inside, so clever! Great project...I'm sure the little kids and big kids would just die for it...tee hee! Hugs! Leah Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, thats a fantastic project... great!!!

    LG
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow amazing ! thanks for sharing, hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great. That looks so cool. Thank you for the tutorial

    Hugs

    Ines

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is that!!!!! love all the details...thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so very sweet. Love it. Hugs! MOjca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this looks great. Thanks for sharing the template and tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHERE IS THE PRINTABLE TEMPLATE?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot find the download for the template. Can you tell me where it is?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...